Ken Liu is an author and translator of speculative fiction, as well as a lawyer and programmer. A winner of the Nebula, Hugo, and World Fantasy Awards, he is the author of The Dandelion Dynasty, a silkpunk epic fantasy series and the collection The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories (2016). He also wrote the Star Wars novel, The Legends of Luke Skywalker (2017).
In addition, he has been published in The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, Asimov’s, Analog, Clarkesworld, Lightspeed, and Strange Horizons, among other places.
In addition to his original fiction, Ken has also translated numerous works from Chinese to English, including The Three-Body Problem (2014) by Liu Cixin, and “Folding Beijing” by Hao Jingfang, both Hugo winners.
He lives with his family near Boston, Massachusetts.
Work on Escape Artists
- EP345: The Paper Menagerie, read by Rajan Khanna
- EP354: The Caretaker, read by Tom Rockwell
- EP377 Real Artists, read by Ann Leckie
- EP629 An Advanced Reader’s Picture Book of Comparative Cognition, read by Adam Pracht
- PC148 State Change, read by Heather Welliver
- PC165 The Paper Menagerie, read by Rajan Khanna (NOTE: re-released as Best of PodCastle #1 pick, episode 516e)
- PC290: Maxwell's Demon, read by Aki Gibbons
- PCMini077 The Tome of Tourmaline read by Wilson Fowlie
- PC298: The Shadowcrafter, read by Aki Gibbons
- PC318: The MSG Golem, read by Anaea Lay
- PC359 The Litigatrix, read by Anaea Lay
- PC537 To The Moon, read by a full cast