Jon Padgett is a professional–though lapsed–ventriloquist who lives in New Orleans with his spouse, their daughter, and a rescue dog and cat. He is the Co-Editor-In-Chief of Vastarien, a source of critical study and creative response to the work of Thomas Ligotti. Padgett’s first short story collection, The Secret of Ventriloquism, was named the Best Fiction Book of 2016 by Rue Morgue Magazine. He has work out or forthcoming in Weird Fiction Review, PseudoPod, Lovecraft eZine, Xnoybis, and the anthologies A Walk on the Weird Side, Wound of Wounds, Phantasm/Chimera, andFor Mortal Things Unsung. This summer, his novelette, The Broker of Nightmares, will be published in a signed, illustrated edition by Nightscape Press.
Work on Escape Artists
- PP433 20 Simple Steps to Ventriloquism, read by the author
- PP471 The Mindfulness of Horror Practice, read by the author
- PP490 Murmurs of a Voice Foreknown, read by Paul Cram
- PP547 Escape to Thin Mountain, read by Dagny Paul
- PP609 A Little Delta of Filth, read by Dagny Paul